The Osborne Funeral Home, PA has been in continuous operation well over a century. Here are some highlights on our history:
The funeral home was built on the corner of Church Street and Conococheague Street by Frank Kreps in approximately 1883. Frank was the local funeral director. Mr. Kreps was also the Burgess of Williamsport for a short time. Lewis Kreps helped his father in the funeral business until 1903. In 1905, Edith V. and Albert T. Leaf became involved in the funeral home. In the beginning, they lived in Sharpsburg and worked at Kreps Funeral Home in Sharpsburg; later they returned to the Kreps Funeral Home in Williamsport. In 1936, Albert T. Leaf died, and Edith Leaf continued the business with the help of Howard Grove. Albert L. Leaf, Albert T.'s son, began studying for his mortician's license. Albert L. Leaf built a new funeral home at 425 S. Conococheague Street in Williamsport and closed the original facility. In 1974, Albert L. Leaf retired, and sold the funeral home to Major M. Osborne. The Sharpsburg location was closed in 1994. Major Osborne retired in 1998. In 1998, Major sold the business to his sons. The business is currently owned by Craig N. Osborne and Colin B. Osborne, Major’s son and grandson.